Who we are
We are the students of the Virtual University of Pakistan.CS
and Business Department are working to gather to facilitate the Students.
Learn , promote and convert.
It’s about the better creativity. Our aim is to avail opportunities
for students for real time learning instead of their theoretical education.
Our working mechanism is so simple, student which join us learn many things
from our community, every member of every community try its best to guide
the new joined student after a while the newly joined student is converted
to a student which know more then the new joined students.
how we work
Here are a few points about the Virtual
Community and culture that you might find interesting
if you’re considering joining the team.
- We’re completely distributed. Everyone works from their own work environment,
and they’re spread out all over the Pakistan. We don’t have an
office, but we do have a “lounge” in Gujranwala where we can host meetings
with team members and other events.
- We coordinate via email, and the rest on direct IM, usually AIM, Skype
and our own collaboration system.
- We’re strong believers in Open Source, and we try to open source everything
- We get the whole Team Member together twice a year to brainstorm the
broad strategy for the web for the coming months and also just to hang
out and enjoy.
- Everyone sets and works their own hours. What’s important is what gets
done, not when or where it got done.
- We have a one-button deploy system for Vugujranwala.com, and we push
code to the site as soon as needed and possible.
- Everyone who joins, regardless
of position, does support for their first three weeks.
- For every feature
we launch, we try to gather metrics about its usage, interaction, and growth,
in addition to listening to the masses of feedback we get on our blog and
through support. This helps us inform decisions about where things need
to go. It’s not uncommon to launch a feature and then revise it several
times over the following week.
That’s all about how we work for now. Have a question about how Virtual
Community works? Send us a Mail.